The Institute has particularly been aggressive in encouraging faculties to take up industry projects and protect the ideas developed. Particularly, over last 2 years, the Institute is keen to see that the faculties develop and protect intellectual properties. The patents filed and granted over last 3 years are as follows:
1. H. Venkataraman, P. Bauskar and A. Joshi, "Computer implemented system and method for offloading traffic", US Patent, Number: 9642056, granted in May 2017.
2. B. Kandaswamy, A. Elkholy and S. Gustafson, “Activation based Feature Identification”, Maana Inc. [Published Application No: 20190294920], 2018.
3. H. Venkataraman and "AnjaliPoornima K, "System and Method to Detect Potholes and Obstacles on Road under Low Illumination", Indian Patent, filed on 19th Nov. 2019.
4. H. Venkataraman and S.V. Jallepalli, "System and Method for Real-Tie Control of Speed and Position", Indian Patent, filed on 16th Dec. 2019.
5. Alexander Hussam Elkholy, B. Kandaswamy, Steven Matt Gustafson, Hussein S. Al-Olimat, "Machine assisted learning of entities", US Patent, Granted on 16th March 2019.
6. P. Saxena. K.K.S. Soundra Pandian, B. Kandaswamy and Director IIITS, “A high-level approach for an Artificial Intelligence Based Judicial Decision System”, Indian Provisional patent, Jan. 2020.