ENTREPRENEURSHIP CELL (E-CELL)
Club Name: E-cell
Introduction of the Club
E-cell club is about mentoring students for those who have interest in entrepreneurship, startups and creates an environment so that he/she can develop the attitude and skills in this domain. Our club provides support to all the budding entrepreneurs and helps shape their Ideas and convert them into real world business opportunities.
Entrepreneurs are the real source of new job creation in the country. Entrepreneurs can make their own path and walk on it on their own terms. They look at opportunities. They know different ways to solve problems. Entrepreneurs introduce various new techniques and innovations that new products are developed.
Our Club will conduct events and workshops for members and provide them a platform to stand as an entrepreneur.E-Cell is made to gather a community of active and determined students who have interest in it. We will work towards collaborating with the E-cells of other reputed
universities like IITs, NITs and IIITs and many more, To empower young entrepreneurs who are capable of following innovative and technical ideas and provide a very running and capable platform for startups .
- Support and enable budding entrepreneurs to create innovative ideas and convert them into business opportunities.
- To make a very active network of different E-cell’s and students not only from our college but also from other institutes to improve peer learning, knowledge sharing and connecting.
- To organise workshops and seminars by successful entrepreneurs, Conduct workshops for ideation/innovation and organize Pitching events.
- Introducing everything about entrepreneurship and startups and how they are converted into business.
- To make an active community for peer learning .
- Achievement motivation through outdoor activities like Lecture Series by entrepreneurs; Ideation and Innovation Workshops by top notch trainers; Case study sessions with both successful entrepreneurs and failed individuals; Idea Validation by all stakeholders involved (technical,customer, legal, finance etc)
- Being an enabler for students - faculty interaction for making their aspiration becomes reality. This will be achieved through faculty mentoring of student groups in developing an idea into POC or prototype and validating the idea for technology readiness. For this, seed funding will be scouted from funding agencies like Department of Science & Technology(DST),Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India(EDII),State level schemes and others.IIIT Sri City has already applied for some schemes which would support these activities.
- Reaching out to successful entrepreneurs, mentors, angel investors and for idea dating. - Once the idea is validated for its Technology readiness and Market potential, E-Cell will support the teams to get
required mentoring through the stakeholders in the life cycle of a startup establishment.
- Organizing and participating in innovation competitions at regional and national level - E-cell will collaborate with national level organizations for conducting events competitions and training in entrepreneurship development (Wadhwani Foundation/National Entrepreneurship Network, TiE chapters, EDII Ahmedabad etc)
- Creating Brand events - E-cell over a period of time will organise boot camps, Ideation workshops, Startup Weekends, idea challenge,annual Business plan competitions, E-Summit, Entrepreneurship Development Workshops etc and make them most-sought after events like that of similar events happening in premier Institutes in the country.
- Collaborating with leading E-cells in Premier institutes - E-cell will encourage participation of IIIT Sri City students in programmes organised by premier E-cells of IITs/ NITs (such as College Representative Programme of IIT Bombay).It will also explore the possibility for Joint programmes for existing and new initiates from both sides.
- Internship with entrepreneurs - In general, most of the Tech startups in India are run by graduates of premier institutes and the founders are looking forward similar brains to work with them for accelerating their businesses to next big level.This need creates a lot of scope for internship opportunities in those startups where in existing tasks/problems demand fresh / additional manpower to work for a time bound period which can be executed through Internship offers. For students, this will be a learning opportunity to deploy their intelligence and deliver a solution. The outcome will be a motivation to have their own startup idea or becoming preferred candidates in campus placements for having proven their ability in solving industrial problems.This internship exposure will be adding strength while applying for corporate backed funding(such as TATA, Reliance and HNIs [High Net worth Individuals] etc.
- Formal training programmes / workshops leading to certificates E-cell will periodically organise Entrepreneurship Awareness events, Entrepreneurship Development programmes and modular training in areas like fundraising, team management, business plan writing, making investor-ready presentation, branding etc.These training will involve reputed organisations as well and certificates will be issued upon successful completion.
- Encouraging campus venture concept - E-Cell members can explore startup opportunities inside the campus and make a pitch before the committee for recommendation. If the ideas are approved by the competent authority,E-cell members may be able to practice this concept.
- Making connections with Atal Incubation Centers (AICs).
Core Team Members
|Name and email id||Role||Image|
|Puneeth Kashyap (UG4)
|Pavan Kumar Reddy V (UG3)
|Assistant Club Head|
|Yaswanth Reddy (UG4)
|Poojari Venkatesh (UG4)
|Ajay Babu Patel (UG2)