IIITS has significant focus on research demonstrated through sponsored projects and scholarly publications. The institute offers MS and PhD programmes in both disciplines.
IIITS envisions to be a globally known institution for IT education, research and development. The institute has special thrust to attract and retain talented faculty members who can make a mark in teaching and research at the international level. The current faculty members at IIITS are from leading universities from India and abroad with excellent teaching and research credentials.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City, Chittoor offers the following Ph.D. programmes that focus on all areas of computing:
- PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Board of Governors of IIITS along with the Senate of the Institute decides upon the norms for admission process of research programs.
General Procedure:The following admission process is as follows:
- Advertisement inviting applicants for post-graduate programs is published on IIITS website.
- Candidates keen to pursue post-graduate programs need to contact the Academics Office for application form and further details.
- Admissions are open to all classes, religions, races and genders.
- The Admissions Committee consisting of faculty and industry experts shortlists candidates based on their education qualifications, grades, academic achievements and work experience.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview to assess candidate’s knowledge, research and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates are selected based on their performance in the interview.
- Communication to selected candidates is sent through mail and the admission list is published on the Institute’s website.
- Registration happens once the candidate makes the payment towards tuition fee and all the necessary documents are duly verified.
A good academic record with ME / M.Tech / MS or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering/ Technology (OR) Exceptional candidates with Master's in Statistics / Mathematics / Master of Computer Applications / Electronic Sciences / Computer Science / Information Technology (or an associated area with strong background in Mathematics and Programming), or any other related subjects (OR) Exceptional candidates having BE / B.Tech or equivalent degree with CGPA of 9.0 or above and demonstrated research capability by means of research papers, IPs and similar research outcomes may also be considered
Candidates recommended by the Applications Scrutiny Committee will be called to appear for an written test.
The candidates shortlisted based on the written test performance need to appear for a personal interview before the Evaluation Committee.
The merit list for all the candidates in each category (Institute scholarships, industry personnel) is based on the cumulative score in the written test, interview, marks in UG / PG, experience, and publications. Considering the background experience, greater weightage may be given for the interview and other components (such as academic qualifications, research publications / patents, work experience, etc.)