Smart Transportation involve an amalgamation of transportation systems, traffic control systems, traffic safety systems and other automated applications related to transportation technology. Traffic control applications include toll collections, congestion control and on-board multimedia/information systems. Traffic safety applications include automatic speed control, lane changing and merging, collision warning, blind spot warning and dynamic route changers. Automobile companies have been aggressively looking for solutions such as driver-less cars, and to begin with system assisted driving.
The Smart Transportation Group is focused on the research and development of automobiles, which employ automobile-to-automobile communication, automobile-to-environment communication in real-time, in-automobile detection, out-automobile detection and real-time recommendation required for system assisted driving. The research encompasses the following focus areas:
- V2V and V2I Communication
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
The research produced by the Next-Gen Communications Group will have a significant impact on the automobile industry, car electronic manufacturers, Ministry of Urban Development and National Highway Authority of India.
|Faculty||Key Research Area|
|Dr. Hrishikesh Venkataraman||Multihop Vehicular Communication|
|Dr. Raja Vara Prasad||Sensor-based data, Driver detection|
|Dr. Shiv Ram Dubey||Driver Detection, Machine learning|
|Dr. Viswanath P||Deep Learning for Transportation|
|Dr. Snehasis Mukherjee||Activity Detection for Cars, Image Processing|
- Mr. Sai Charan Addanki
- Mr. N Jaswanth
- Mr. Vishal Dinesh
- Mr. Rutvik Reddy
- Ms. Sowmya J Vasuki
- Mr. Srijan Reddy
- Ms. Anjali Poornima
- Ms. Madhu Chandana
All interested to work with the STRG group or wanting to know more about our work can contact us/STRG, anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
- N Jaswanth and H. Venkataraman, “Analysis of Deep Learning Based Vehicular Detection - Towards Autonomous Driving”, under review, Intelligent Transportation Workshop, COMSNETS, Bangalore, India, January 2019.
- A. Sai Charan and H. Venkataraman, “Integration of Head & Eye-Tracking for Driver Monitoring in Vehicular Environment”, 15th World Congress on Transport Research (WCTR), Mumbai, India, 29 – 31 May 2019 (to appear).
- H. Venkataraman, M. Madhuri and R. Assfalg, “Deriving Pattern in Driver’s Observability in Road Turns & Traffic Lights: Eye-Tracking based Analysis”, C3VP Workshop, 24th International ACM MobiCom, New Delhi, India, 29 October - 2 November 2018.
- N. Jaswanth and H. Venkataraman, “Lane Change for System Driven Vehicles using Dynamic Information”, C3VP Workshop, 24th International ACM MobiCom, New Delhi, India, 29 October - 2 November 2018.
- A. Surekha and H. Venkataraman, “An Adaptive Clustering Technique Based on Image-Based Traffic Identification for Real-Time V2V Communication”, 87th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), Porto, Portugal, June 2018.
- H. Venkataraman and R. Assfalg, “Driver Performance Detection & Recommender System for Vehicular Environment using Video Streaming Analytics”, TUTORIAL TALK, IEEE Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), Munich, Germany, July 2017.
- Sai Charan Addanki and H. Venkataraman, “Greening the Economy: A Review of Urban Sustainability Measures for Developing New Cities”, Journal of Sustainable Cities and Society, Elsevier, Vol. 32, pp. 1-8, July 2017. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210670716304462
- N. Chidara, C. Nibhanapudi and H. Venkataraman, “Integration of Different Cryptographic techniques for Real-Time V2V Communication”, Poster Presentation, 17th ACM MobiHOC, Paderborn, Germany, July 2016. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2942404
- B. Vinodh, Sai Charan Addanki, R. Assfalg and H. Venkataraman, “Analysis of Region of Interest (RoI) of Multimedia Content using Eye-Tracker”, Poster Presentation, 17th ACM MobiHOC, Paderborn, Germany, July 2016. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2942407
Funds and Collaborations
- DST-DAAD Indo-German Project
- DST ECR (Early Career Research) Grant, Feb. 2017 to Feb 2020
- Hella Automotive Private Limited, Pune, India
- Sirab Technologies, IIT Madras Research Park, India